I am so excited to be back in school! Summer went by so fast and even this school year is off to a quick start. I hope that your families were able to rest, relax, and have lots of fun this past summer. Here is what I did while on break:
- I fostered a German Shepherd/Husky puppy for 3 months (Her name is Willow & she moved to her forever home in Aug.)
- Adopted a Great Dane/Mastiff puppy in July (Her name is Eleanor & she is 3 months old now)
- Spent a weekend in Wilmington, NC with friends and family (caught a shark!)
- Attended some college friends' wedding in South Carolina
- Ate way too much ice cream
Most of my kiddos from last year's class have transitioned to our older EC class at Courtney, so this may be your first time reading this blog. I like to keep families updated on what our class is doing, let you know if there are any exciting events that are happening, and occasionally share photos of the students (with permission).
Right now in the first few weeks of school, we like to assess our students and gather data so that we can show their academic growth throughout the year. These first few weeks of school are spent getting to know the students and what their likes/dislikes are. Most of the kiddos in this class have come to Courtney from a different school and this has been a big transition for them all.
I am very optimistic about this school year and I look forward to all of our adventures together.
Stay tuned for more blog posts soon!